Happy New Year everyone! I know Im waaaaaaay late but Im back to bring great recipes and fun to the blog =] Ive missed everyone greatly and I would like to put up a fun and oh so delish dessert recipe for you all to enjoy. Its very simple and my goodness if you have company coming over.....MAKE THIS! Well, I'll see you guys soon, thanks for visiting the site again =]
FlipSide Pineapple Trifle
Flipside Pineapple Trifle
1 (18.25 oz) box of Pineapple cake mix(Pilsbury,Duncan Hines, etc)
1 stick of butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup milk
1 (8oz.) container whipped topping
1 package instant vanilla flavor pudding mix
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 small jar (10.oz) maraschino cherries
- Prepare cake according to the package. Cool and cut in 1 inch cubes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping, until smooth.
- In a trifle dish, make one layer of the cake cubes. Drizzle brown butter sauce over the cake. Add a layer of the crushed pineapple(along with the juice) and cherries. Top with the vanilla topping. Repeat.
- Garnish with more pineapple and cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.