Its Too Hot To Cook: No Fuss Chicken Salad

Monday, June 13, 2011

So its actually a nice 70 degrees today but I promised to make these meals for when it does get too hot to cook. So on to it. Its an oldie, but a favorite of mine. Serve in pita or with croissants or just chips& crackers and you're good to go! This recipe yields about 7-8 servings so you can easily have this for lunch the next day and it will even taste better.



Printable Version
No Fuss Chicken Salad

  • Breast of 2 Rotisserie Chickens, chopped
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 3 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
  • 1 large apple, chopped(I used golden delicious)
  • 1/2 cup cranberries or raisins

  1. In a large bowl add in all ingredients.

Dressing

  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 cup sour cream(plain yogurt works well too)
  • 1 tbl. dijon or stone ground mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey(or agave nectar)
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper

  1. In a bowl, add in all ingredients and stir well. Pour over chicken salad. Toss. Store in Fridge.






Hearth and Soul Hop at the 21st Century Housewife



Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop at WhoIsLaura.com
PermanetPosies.com


The Adventures of My Family of 8 Tuesday Blog Hop

Busy Mom's Tips Tuesday Blog Hop

TastyTuesday200pix Enjoy and Organize Your Spices: Tasty Tuesday

11 comments:

Sinea said...

This looks wonderful. I love cold salads for summer dinners!

Jacqui' said...

Thanks so much Sinea! Yes, I love cold salads too =]

Michelle said...

It was 96 today. Blah. This is definitely a nice, cool dish I can get on board with right now!

Jacqui' said...

bless your heart! I wouldve passed out.haha. Hope you're staying semi cool!

Wendy said...

I love chicken salad and can't wait to try yours! I just found your blog and am a new follower.

I'd love for you to stop by my table and even link up to my Thursday carnival.

Wendy
Around My Family Table

Alea Milham said...

I am a huge fan of chicken salads - I don't think I have ever tasted one I didn't like. :) Your recipe looks delicious; thanks for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

Unknown said...

Hi from your latest follower. I found you blog hopping. Looks so good. Because we are in Australia it is winter here so it is about 10 degrees. Don't really like winter. Be sure to check out me out at www.autismconnects.blogspot.com. Sarah

ReneeK said...

I a new follower from blog hopping. Sounds and looks yummy!Stop by my blog.

Natalie said...

Looks really tasty! When you say "green onions", do you mean spring onions (scallions I think you guys call them in America)?

I'm also taking part in the Hearth & Soul hop and that's how I found your blog :)

Jacqui' said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by, happy you like. =] Aurelia, you are exactly right! Scallions and spring onion =]

Christy said...

Oh, I have a daughter who adores chicken salad - this recipe would be right up her alley!

Post a Comment