Country Cherry Melts

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hi everyone! Here's a new comforting sandwich My Mom(Davette) and I came up with that you can enjoy. We're still looking around at tons of snow and sometimes you want to have something with a homey taste. Hope you all enjoy these melts! I know these are not ranking 10 on the healthy scale but when you have a splurge day, these definitely wont hurt! Oh yea, they have dried cherries in them too. If you're one that doesn't like fruit in your meals, just omit them. I wont feel bad! lol.



To Print This Recipe, Click Here!

Country Cherry Melt


1 Sourdough Round French bread, sliced (1/2in thickness)
5 oz. Bag Dried Tart Cherries
1 cup Baby Spinach
6oz. Baby Brie, sliced
10 slices Hickory Smoked Ham (Canadian Bacon works also)
2tbl. olive oil
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 stick softened butter, divided

In a skillet, brown ham for about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate.

In a bowl, combine 6tbl. butter and mayo. Take two slices of bread; spread enough mayo mixture to coat each slice. Sprinkle about 2tbl. of cherries on top of one slice. Using 2 slices of brie, break it apart to cover sandwich. Top with 2 slices of ham, layer a few leaves of spinach and top with other slice of bread. Repeat process for remaining sandwiches.

With remaining mayo mixture, spread enough on the tops of the sandwiches. You will place the bare side down into the coated pan.

In that same skillet over medium to high heat, place 1 tbl. Butter and 1 tbl. Olive oil. Lay bare side down into the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Use the other tbl. of butter and olive oil for remaining sandwiches. Remove from pan and enjoy!

Makes 5 sandwiches

5 comments:

A multi-dimensional life said...

Sounds so good Kiwi! I love the sound of it...wondering if I could substitue smoked turkey for the ham...probably so...must try it! xo

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

OMGoodness, that sounds so incredibly tasty! And I've been making my own sourdough bread lately too!! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thats looks mighty tasty! LOVE your blog! I stumbled upon it today via FTLOB & I'm your newest reader :)
~Angel @ www.livinginaperrytale.com

Jacqui' said...

Happy You all like =] Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the Weekend!!

Create With Joy said...

Dear Jacqui

Thanks for joining me at Create With Joy. Your blog is fab and I'm delighted to follow you back!

Now this recipe looks wonderful! Wouldn't you know it though - I honed right in on the "not ranking 10 on the healthy scale" one! Brie makes me rather weak at the knees! Yum!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment