So its ablaze here in chicago. I mean Hot!! And when its hot, who wants to cook. Heating up the oven, even going out to the grill is way too much. So here's the deal, Im gonna make up some fun recipes for you all allowing you to not get too hot in your kitchens, but you'll still have a nice meal =] The first is Smokin' Beans. We've all had baked beans but these are absolutely delish and quick to make. Lets have 15 minutes of stove time and I promise to keep your house at a cool 70 degrees =]
- 2 lbs. Smoked Sausage, sliced(1/2 in. slices)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (28oz.) cans baked beans(keep it simple)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- French fried onions to top
- In a large skillet over hight heat, add smoked sausage. Cook until browned and heated through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add in onion and crushed pepper to the pan. Cook until the onions are clear.
- Add in the baked beans, pineapple, sugar. Stir well.
- Place the sausage back in the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with french fried onions. Enjoy!