Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Here's a special side dish that is super flavorful and easy to make! You can serve it as a side dish or throw in some chicken or shrimp and it makes a great entree. This dish makes me think of Angel Taylors Song "Chai Tea Latte" so listen if you'd like, its very pretty.
Chai Tea Rice
5 cups water (Tea may boil down)
5 chai tea bags (I used Celestial Sweet Coconut Thai)
2 cups jasmine rice(or regular white rice)
1 medium purple onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
4 green onion tops, chopped
½ cup coconut milk
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
1. In a pot bring water and tea bags to a boil.
2. In a separate pot over medium heat add oil and rice until rice is toasted.
3. Add both onions and garlic until softened. (Add more oil if needed)
4. Add 4 cups of tea, coconut milk, salt, and red pepper flakes.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
*Variation- Once rice is cooked, fold in 4 oz. of Philadelphia's Pineapple Cream Cheese spread. Its to die for!!
Fusion Fun Egg rolls
Makes 13-15 eggrolls
1 pkg. Egg roll wrappers
1lb. Italian Sausage
6 oz. Cole Slaw Mix(I used broccoli Slaw)
2tbl. Peanut Butter
1 tbl. Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbl. Soy sauce
1/2 tbl. Oil( I used Sesame)
In a skillet, brown and cook your Italian sausage
Toss in your slaw mix and cook for 2 minutes
In a small bowl mix the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, and oil
Add sauce to your meat and slaw mixture.
Follow your egg roll wrappers "how to fill and wrap" on the package. Its a snap!
Fry in hot oil until golden delicious!
Serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce and hot mustard.
Keep it Hip and Fresh!
at 7:41 AM