Shes Such a Charmer

Thursday, July 22, 2010







One of the things I really want to do with Hipstir Fresh is to create meals for singles and couples to enjoy. Guys, if you want to impress your girlfriend one evening with an easy fresh meal you can do so! And of course ladies, if you don't know how to cook, this can be a great start for you, because lets face it, Men LOVE to eat. =]

So Im absolutely in love with Kings of Leon and I will be seeing them in concert this Saturday. So they are my inspiration for our first Hipstir Fresh Recipe. Charmer is one of the funniest songs Ive ever heard and it might startle you when it first begins. But one way I like to charm someone is when I make a delicious pasta. Pasta is easy and oh so yummy!! I encourage you if you have an Aldi's Store close to you....Make use of it. I can buy a 16 oz. bag of medium raw shrimp for $3.99 and I used their bag of fresh spinach also which is very affordable.



Charmers Shrimp Zinger Pasta


For 3-4 servings

1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 pound pasta( I chose linguine this time!)
Olive oil
Small onion, chopped
1tsp. garlic, chopped
3 tbl. Butter
1 lemon, juiced
8 oz. Spinach
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium pot, boil pasta with salt and a touch of olive oil
Cook pasta according to the box.
Meanwhile, over medium heat, add 4tbl olive oil and butter. Toss in onion and garlic and cook until tender.
Add spinach,lemon juice, and about a 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
Toss in shrimp, cook until pink. Season with salt and pepper.
Add pasta! Finish with some cheese if you'd like.
You're such a Charmer =]

Serve with warm crusty bread and don't forget the Butter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment