Butterscotch Brickle Muffins

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Whats up! So I asked my dear mom for muffin recipe inspiration and she said brickle and butterscotch. So woot there it is!!!! I dont need to say much because I made a quick hello video. Hope the week is treating you right =]





Printable Version
Butterscotch Brickle Muffins

  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 4oz. cream cheese softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 8-12 oz. butterscotch baking chips
  • 1 cup heath toffee bits plus more for topping
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup(or pancake syrup)
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

Using a mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugars and beat for 1 minute. Add in eggs, and vanilla. In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and soda and salt. Add slowly to the wet ingredients. Toss in heath bits and stir.

In a greased or lined muffin pan, add a ice cream scoop amount of the thick batter/dough. Then sprinkle several butterscotch chips on top. Using more batter, cover the chips. Once complete, bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool.

Topping.

In a sauce pan combine remaining butterscotch chips and maple syrup. Set over a low to medium flame while constantly stirring to prevent any burning. Once all the chips are melted remove from heat.

*The butterscotch will be tacky. If it sits just heat it up while stirring!

Top your muffins with the butterscotch and sprinkle with heath toffee bits. Enjoy!!!



Traveling Through Thursday







https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgwWtuQTRckIQyyAHyoLaAfBpHgCE41wfo0zuGO01an-Oz8Mr5Y3A0HOtN_McHNMbET0Tgan46pYsrZbJOYyUHK17JZpRgoZUGKyPZtt9CcAEzOQO68DTkpXcv8axoi5DtTlqs1nFJXCGw/s1600/Picture+2.png 
Photobucket

TastyTuesday200pix Share Your Strawberry Ideas (in the comments)


bloghopbutterflybutton Terrific Thursday Blog Hop! Week 14






Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop

16 comments:

lindy said...

Hi! Loved your vlog, and oh my gosh, those butterscotch muffins look delish! I'm your newest follower from Blog hop Thursday. Would love it if you'd swing by my blog when you get a chance! ☺

Karina Pacheco said...

Thank so much for the sweet comment! I loved your vlog :) I am SO happy you stopped by my blog, because I get to come by and return the love and follow back :) I love your corner of the internet and this recipe - delish!!! Can't wait to try it out!!

xo Karina

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

These muffins look SO good. :-)

Shaheen said...

Enjoyed your vblog.

I recnetly made some Banoffee Curd Muffins, but have to say these Butterscotch Brickle Muffins are way, way better. I am sooooo going to make these.

Menopausal New Mom said...

Oh wow!! Those look so good!!!! and Here in Canada we love our Maple Syrup. I will definitely be giving these a try!!

Oh and thanks for joining our blog hop and helping us spread the word. I dropped by to say Hello and to follow you.

Happy Thursday!

Meryl said...

These look sOO delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I got here through a blog hop and will be back for more and more!!!!!

carolinaheartstrings said...

Those just look wonderful. I cannot wait to give them a try. Great pictures.

Jacqui' said...

Happy Thursday everyone! Thanks for stopping by and for all of the sweet comments =]

Unknown said...

These look so awesome! I'm drooling over here :) Hi! I found you through the Thursday hop and hope you'll come follow me to at: http://mommychosis.blogspot.com

Happy Thursday!

Keli said...

So, I don't even like Butterscotch and these look awesome!!

Thanks for linking up to What's Cooking Thursdays! I'm loving your blog!!

Anonymous said...

OH my..this is terribly yummy!its making me so hungry...

aeshcame said...

Aargh..looks greatly droolilicious.love this..please let me have some!

Pink Lady said...

Wow, I've been out of the loop for a while and I am so glad that I saw this post before my weekly shopping... We are soooo having these with Sundays breakfast! Btw... Your vlog was sweet!... You're quickly becoming a "friend in my head" (in my Wendy Williams voice)

Sinea Pies said...

These muffins look amazing! Makes you wish you could just reach into the screen and have one! LOL

Jacqui' said...

you all are awesome! Thanks so much Loves! Pink Lady, you're hilarious and I hope you enjoy them =]

Desi said...

Hi! I saw your chicken salad recipe linked up somewhere and decided to stop by. So glad I did... cuz I found these bad boys! I LOVE butterscotch. Your photos are great too. Lookin forward to checkin out the rest of your blog! I am your newest follower :)

Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

Post a Comment