Paul Wright and Cinco De Mayo

Monday, May 2, 2011


Cinco de Mayo.gifcan u tell im a Paul Wright fan?Hey Guys Hey!!!! So this is a fun post because Im doing this in honor of a really cool music artist named........PAUL WRIGHT! Several years back I had the opportunity of seeing Paul Wright play here in Chicago when I was going to see KeKe Sheard and I forget who else. So how about this cool surfer singing man comes up and sings "get your flip flops off the ground." It was super catchy and I fell in love with his music. Not to mention he's a cutie as well. Okay, I had to say it, and its my blog so I can.haha. The other time he was supposed to come to the Chi, we had a crazy snow experience which messed things up. Whyyyyyyyyy. Well, I know he loves Mexican food and speaks of his favorite burrito spot in Eugene which is Burrito Boy. So today I made something special just for him. Chorizo and Salsa Verde Nachos! Hope you guys like =]

Happy Cinco De Mayo to you all!



Chorizo and Salsa Verde Nachos















  • 10-12 corn tortillas, cut in fours
  • oil for frying
  • salt and cumin
In a pot of hot oil, fry tortillas until golden. Season with salt and cumin.

Salsa Verde
  • 4-6 tomatillos(Husks and stems removed)
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 poblano
  • oil for drizzling
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1-2 limes, juiced
  • salt to season
Put oven on broil.
In a baking dish, add tomatillos, onion, poblano and drizzle with oil. Broil for about 20 minutes. Remove and place in a food processor. Add in cilantro and lime juice and season with salt. Pulse until slightly smooth
  • 15 oz. Chorizo(casings removed)
  • 6 oz. Quesadilla Cheese(shredded or shaved)
In a skillet over medium to high heat, cook the chorizo. Drain excess fat.
Assembling the nachos!
Place chorizo over the tortilla chips. Spoon about 1-1 1/2 cups of salsa over the meat. Add cheese. And place in oven until cheese melts. Serve with Mexican Crema. Enjoy your remaining salsa =]

















Vanilla Wafers with Caramel














Caramel Sauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1/8 cup heavy cream
  • 4-5 tbl. butter

In a saucepan over medium heat, add in sugar, water and lemon juice. Stir slightly and allow to cook. Swirl the pan once the sugar begins to caramelize. Remove once sugar is golden. Add in cream. Then stir in butter until melted. Set Aside.

Cookies

  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbl. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/3 cup cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a bowl beat butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add in the wet ingredient. On greased or lined baking sheets, spoon/drop a tablespoon of dough 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool. Top with caramel.



Tuesday Night Supper ClubHearth and Soul Hop at the Hearth and Soul Hop Hub
Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop at WhoIsLaura.comPermanetPosies.com
Beauty and Bedlam

24 comments:

Jenn said...

It all sounds really decadent. I love the Mrs. Wright t-shirt.

Jacqui' said...

Thanks honey! And yes, it truly was rich and yummy =]

Andria said...

Those nachos looks so good......I wish I had a plate of them in front of me right this minute. Yum!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Oh yea, you should send some of those nachos this way!
Thank you for a sweet comment!

Jacqui' said...

@ Andria, thanks so much! Im sending some to both you and Lyuba! Hope you ladies have a great one =]

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

There is a meatless chorizo in the markets but I never knew what to do with it, this looks simple and yummy, I love nachos!

Jacqui' said...

wow! I have never heard of meatless chorizo! Let me know how that is!!

Ellen said...

I see a new lunch in our future! Thanks for sharing. ~ Ellen

Jacqui' said...

Hi Ellen! SOunds good to me! Hope you enjoy it when you do. Im still eating the left over salsa! =]

Anonymous said...

Reading the ingredients alone made my mouth water. I'll most def be making those nachos in the very near future! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love your nachos and I like your pretty blog..I feel younger.I am your newest follower.Hope you can check out my blog and follow me too

Jacqui' said...

Tahnks@outlaw farmer! I hope you enjoy them when you try them out!

@ Marelie, thanks so much for joining! Excited for ya to be here =]

Michelle B said...

Saw these nachos @ Hearth & Soul...right up my alley. Yum!

Jacqui' said...

Thanks so much hun! Love your blog =]

Sarah said...

That looks DELICIOUS - I already bookmarked it! My roommates and I are always looking for new recipes and we all agree that THIS is going to be the next thing we make next week! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jacqui' said...

woot woot! Hope you guys enjoy it!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Hey....I love your blog! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe....or recipes.

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Your Chorizo and Salsa verde nachos sound just amazing and I love the vanilla wafers with caramel - yum! Thank you so much for sharing these with the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop. Hope you had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!

Jacqui' said...

Thanks so much! I adore permanent posies!!

@ April thanks a bunch hun, happy you like!! =]

Anonymous said...

This looks DELICIOUS!! I love verde but have never even thought to make it...perhaps I need to plant some tomatillos in the garden this year!!

This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - pop on over to link up!

Darby Hawley said...

Oh my gosh those nachos look delicious! I'm hungry now :-) Found you on a HOP and I'm definitely a new follower!
lifewiththehawleys.blogspot.com

Jacqui' said...

@littlebrickranch, I want to garden so bad but Im nervous. @PhilandDarby, thanks so much! Happy to be following your blog too =]

Unknown said...

oh my goodness those nachos are simply decadent and i bet delicious! i like your recipe for salsa verde, i am going to have to pick up a bag of tomatillos and give it a whirl. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!

Jacqui' said...

Thanks so much Christy! I hope you love it as much as I did! =]

Post a Comment